2. My original vision was to make a prank video of my girlfriend.
3. This final product is completely different. The approach has changed and I wanted something we can remember about. I decided to draw an old photo from our high school sweetheart days.
4. This project was definitely a success because I related something closer to me during this quarantine. It brought some reminiscing memories from the past that we both deeply cherish now.
5. I was not able to do the first part. However, I feel this piece is strong as it is already. My idea was based around love, cherishment, and faith.
6. I did not want a color based drawing simply because I didn’t want to dive into the skin tone coloring. I did explore sketching and portraits which I am horrible at. As a first portrait that I dedicated to, I did not want to focus specifically on the whole faces. Instead, I did the side shots like the original photo and made the portrait come to life as much as possible.
7. If I redid this project, I would attempt to dive into coloring on faces. I’m not a huge fan on coloring in skin tones and accurately matching skin tones to real people.